Saturday, May 26, 2012

Our First Anniversary
Nothing to see here, just strolling through the park
This past Monday, May 21, 2012, Kelly and I celebrate our first wedding anniversary. One year ago we were married on top of the Free Library of Philadelphia during a ceremony that was supposed to take place during the ending of the world. Good thing that turned out to be wrong. Even if it hadn't, it was still one helluva party. We were surrounded by friends, family, books, and our city. We couldn't have asked for a better day. Unfortunately for me, I drank just a bit too much the night before and fought off a hangover all day. After nearly refunding what little breakfast I ate - to be fair, it was over cooked, my sausage patties were burnt on the outside and raw in the middle - I recovered just in time for pictures. Good thing too, pictures too for-ev-ver. 
One fine looking group of people

We got through the initial run of pictures and moved on to the ceremony. According to one of those crack-pot apocalypse the world was supposed to end at about the same time our ceremony started. Sure enough, some dark clouds blew in, the wind kicked up, and the bridesmaids and groomsmen got rained on. And just like that, it was gone, the sun came out, and the world kept turning. I made my vows, which were awesome, Kelly made hers, which were nearly as good, we said "I do" and the party was on. 
College crew #1
The dance floor was pretty busy all night, especially when REM's "It's The End of   World as we Know It" came on. There was the obligatory sing along to "Sweet Caroline," and a pretty sweet mix of music all night. 


College crew #2
 I even did my best not to smash cake in Kelly's face. I really wanted to, but her threats were accompanied by a sufficient level of menace that I decided I was better off being nice. Besides, there's years ahead to push her buttons.


Delicious, delicious cake

Good view of a great city






No comments:

Post a Comment